Thursday, August 20, 2020

Show HN: My brother wrote this program from jail https://ift.tt/34i3y9E

Show HN: My brother wrote this program from jail Hi HN!, My brother got a 5 years jail sentence but is coming out soon, a few months ago he decided to learn to code with no prior experience. I find the way he is studying very inspirational so decided to post his (simple) program. But first, here is what he needs to go through to learn: - We the family send him javascript and html books - He studies them and writes programs in pen and paper - He calls me so I input what he wrote on my computer and we debug it live via a phone call, he has to imagine the program in his head. The crazy part is up until a few days ago he didn't have access to a computer. However! another inmate has an upcoming trial and because the contents of his trial contain to many papers, they provided this inmate with a simple laptop (no internet). My brother is not allowed to touch this laptop and he can only see this inmate 1 hour a day, so he convinced the inmate to sit next to him for my brother to tell him what to type, the other inmate types in the html+js on a notepad file and this way my brother can finally see his programs on a screen after months of only imagining how to program. Here is the program we wrote today: https://ift.tt/3gdfpIk My dream is for this to get some traction so when he calls I can tell him his program has users :) August 20, 2020 at 07:05AM

No comments:

Post a Comment